- Take it slow! If you try to do too much at once, you're more likely to get overwhelmed and quit!
- Use down time, watching TV, etc to organize your coupons. This will make it less of a "chore!" Have your husband and/or kids get involved in cutting and sorting the coupons- bribery may be required! :)
- Don't get too frazzled if you make a mistake, using the wrong coupon on the wrong product or the cashier not accepting a coupon you're trying to redeem. It happens even to the most seasoned couponers!
- If you're brand-loyal (ex: You only use Crest toothpaste and nothing else!), it's ok to stay loyal even though there are so many free deals for Colgate going on! You'll probably find good Crest deals too and if not, you're saving on other things and can probably afford to "splurge" a little.
- If you're NOT brand loyal, by using coupons you'll probably start using a LOT more brand name products, since generic versions generally don't have coupons!
- You'll soon see that while Wal-Mart might have the best everyday low prices, you can usually buy things at other stores for much cheaper with sales, double and triple coupons, store coupons and money off total purchase deals!
- If you are anti-Walmart, you can keep it up! I know there are some haters out there! I used to shop there pretty exclusively and now only hop in on occasion when a coupon makes something free!
- Couponing, is addictive and FUN once you see those shopping bills going down and your supplies going up!!
So what are you waiting for?? Get Saving!!
~Stacey of Daisy's Deals~
Please email me for questions, suggestions, and anything else at daisysdeals (at) hotmail (dot) com. As I begin this journey, please bear with me as I am still learning myself! If you see anything that you feel is inappropriate or against store/website policies please "politely" let me know.