Welcome to Thrifty Thursday!! Today, I have an excerpt from Woman's World magazine on different thrifty ways to use cotton swabs (or q-tips!).
I definitely need to find uses for them other than cleaning out my ears, since that's a big NO-NO! I know lots of you do it, but if you saw what the doc once pulled out of my ear from the build-up it left.....well, you'd never do it again either! (And you might nearly pass out, like me!)
from Woman's Day
- Junior Picasso "paintbrushes!" Bring out your tot's inner artist by putting out washable paints and a few cotton swabs. The perfect size for little hands, swabs give kids more control- and you less to clean up!
- Degunk your keyboard! Dampen the end of a swab with rubbing alcohol and run it between the keys of your computer keyboard to de-grime and disinfect. Works on TV remote controls, too! (sounds like something I need to do!)
- Dust off picture frames! Moisten the swab's tip and swipe inside dust-collectin nooks and crannies for gleaming frames in a flash!
- Test fabrics for colorfastness! Dip a swab in detergent and hold it on an inconspicuous inside seam of clothing for two minutes to see if the color bleeds. (does anyone ever actually test colorfastness??)
- Get silver jewelry sparkling! Dip a swab in silver polish and use to lift tarnish from the tiny crevices in your silver rings, earrings, and pendants. The soft cotton will make the metal glisten without leaving a scratch!
- Stop nail polish bottles from gluing shut! Trace around the rim of the bottle with a cotton swab dipped in mineral oil. Next time, the brush will unscrew with ease! (oh, man isn't a pain to open them sometimes?!)
I hope you've now found some thrifty uses for them other than sticking them in your ears! (Please don't! Trust me!)
~Stacey of Daisy's Deals~
Please email me for questions, suggestions, and anything else at daisysdeals (at) hotmail (dot) com. As I begin this journey, please bear with me as I am still learning myself! If you see anything that you feel is inappropriate or against store/website policies please "politely" let me know.