Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday's Tips

*If this is your first time visiting my blog, go here first to learn how it works!*

Last week, I showed you how to save money without having to clip the insert coupons from the paper every Sunday, by using internet printable coupons. I still stand behind inserts being the BEST way to truly stock up on sales, but you will often have to pay for the paper you get the coupons from, unless you have a friend, family member or neighbor who doesn't use them. It's worth the $1-$2 you'll save if you know how to use them! But printables are a great way to save and there are also other ways to get coupons for free!

Here are a few other tips on places to find coupons.

Search in stores:

  • Magazine/ad displays up front (make sure they are free before you go taking them!)
  • Little black (Blinkie) boxes in front of the products on shelves
  • Tearpads in front of products on shelves
  • Booklets and displays near pharmacies
  • Coupons on products
  • Tags hanging on products

Except for the items actually attached to the products, you can pick up a few coupons and take them to use at other stores, if they aren't specifically for that store. Sometimes even in the magazines a store puts out, the coupons are manufacturer's coupons and can be used anywhere.
If the coupons say they are to be used at that store, use them there unless another store accepts a competitor's coupon.

I always keep an eye out at any store I go to, and if I see a coupon for a product I like, I'll grab a couple. I might use them later at that store or use them later on at another. Of course if it's for a product you need that day, go ahead and use it!

Contacting manufacturers:

  • Complaining or complimenting a specific product sent direct to the manufacturer will often get you a coupon for FREE items! (I got a frozen chicken pasta dinner with NO chicken, sent an email to the company, and got coupons for 5 free dinners!)
  • Look up the company's website on google (or Swagbucks to earn you extra bucks!), find their "Contact Us" page or physical address and shoot them an email or letter.
  • Signing up for samples will often get you coupons for $$ off a product sent with the sample in the mail.
  • Sign up for email alerts from companies when you sign up for samples and you'll often receive coupons in your email. (I suggest using a junk email!)



~Stacey of Daisy's Deals~





Please email me for questions, suggestions, and anything else at daisysdeals (at) hotmail (dot) com. As I begin this journey, please bear with me as I am still learning myself! If you see anything that you feel is inappropriate or against store/website policies please "politely" let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment